Sensei Steve Rhodes
EKF Qualified Instructor
3rd Dan Black Belt
ECKA National Champion
Stephen has been training with ECKA since 2003, passing his 1st Dan Black belt in 2007, his 2nd Dan Black belt in 2010 and his 3rd Dan Black belt in 2014. Stephen is the instructor at the club in Long Hanborough, Oxfordshire. He likes to enter competitions to keep his skills fresh.
Here are some of his achievements:-
- In 2015 he came 2nd in semi contact
- In 2014 he came 1st in light continuous
- In 2012 he came 1st in semi contact
- In 2011 he came 1st in semi contact
- In 2010 he came 1st in semi contact and 3rd in light continuous
- In 2009 he came 1st in semi contact
- In 2008 he came 2nd in semi contact
- In 2007 he came 3rd in light continuous
- In 2006 he came 2nd in semi contact
- In 2005 he gained a 3rd in light continuous
- In 2004 a 3rd for semi contact(green to purple)
- In 2003 a 3rd for semi contact(red to orange)
Stephen was also WUMA Cotswold Open Heavyweight Champion in 1999, under the supervision of then 2nd dan blackbelt Chris Hoyles. He has also trained in Tae Kwon Do under 5th dan black belt Ian Miller.
He has just started practising the art of Total Body Defence under 5th dan blackbelt Alun Williams.
Stephen has been training under sensei’s Geoff Wheeler and Ian Mortlock since 2003 and has also trained with other notable instructors which include Sensei Dev Barrett 7th dan, Sensei Red Walcott 6th dan, Kancho Henk Kuipers 8th dan and 3 X KI World Champion Remy Bonjasky.
He has full instructors indemnity insurance and is first aid trained.
He can be contacted via email on email@example.com or, on his mobile 07834 022463